You can use this recipe as is, but, like we always say; your imagination is the limit. One recommendation though, try to always use fruit that is in season. You want what God had planned to emerge at the time you’re consuming it, not what was forced to emerge. The sweeter the fruit, the better, because then you don’t need to add any honey or sweeteners, unless you just really like it that way.
- 1 Banana
- 1 Large Slice of Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Natural Yoghurt
- Chop up the fruit into medium sized chunks
- Pour the yoghurt into the blender first
- Add fruit
- Taste and if you like, you can add a little honey to sweeten, blend again.
The recipe also works well with a slice of Avocado, a slice of Watermelon and a slice of Mango. You can also throw in some nuts for fun and crunch. Just use what you have in hand and make it work for you. Keep in mind that Avocado really thickens the smoothie, so manage the quantity to suit. Also remember, blended fruit goes down easy but skips a digestive step in the mouth, so savor your smoothie. Retain briefly to allow your saliva to do its job.