Red Palm Oil is extracted from the fruit of the oil palm tree (not the kernel). The beautifully colored oil is rich in healthy saturated fats, much like coconut oil, which is very beneficial. It gets its beautiful red color from the beta carotene and lycopene that it’s just waiting to bless your body with. It is also said to have 20 other carotenes as well as Vitamin E, Vitamin K, CoQ10, Squalene among other elements. These nutrients are found in the raw, unrefined oil, not the white colored oil which has been called purified but is actually stripped of most of its benefits.
The raw Red Palm Oil has nutritional and healing benefits that were being enjoyed in Afrika long before it started being shared with the rest of the world. It can be used in cooking, in making of soaps and skin care products and as a food flavoring. The benefits it brings are as follows:
• Protective properties against heart disease
• Lowers blood pressure
• Improves blood circulation
• Helps regulate cholesterol levels
• Helps prevent against various types of cancer
• Strengthens the body’s immune function
• Enhances absorption of vitamins D, A and E
• Promotes bone, eye, oral, lung, skin, liver and brain health (Protects against osteoporosis, arthritis, macular degeneration, cataracts, liver disease, Alzheimer’s, dementia)
• Offers protection against sunburn
• Ignites metabolism and helps regulate weight
• Improves liver detoxification
• Helps protect against premature aging
• Helps cuts heal faster
Look into it for yourself and give it a try. It just might surprise you.